Friday, August 9, 2013

The art of the break

I want to tell you about a special exhibition that i have been into.
The exhibition called The Art Of The Break. This amazing exhibition includes some 40 Lego sculptures by New Yorker Nathan Sawaya, an artist who uses Lego because he enjoys “seeing people’s reactions to artwork created from something with which they are familiar”.

The exhibition has some amazing sculptures, including PM Benjamin Netanyahu and President Shimon Peres, with some of the exhibits made up of between 15-25,000 Lego bricks!

One of the most amazing things i ever saw was a sculpture of dinosaor mad of 80,000 pices of lego.

If you are in Tel aviv this summer you sould go and see it, it's a really nice exhibition for the whole family.

I enjoyed to see how many things you can build from the breaks of Lego. I enjoyed to see how many textures you can make from the basic colors of the Lego breaks.

The basic pallete of colors reminds me a piece of art of Piet Mondrian and the style movment, from them i got most of my insperations for my designs.

I hope you all can get inspired too.

Design your world
Shir

No comments:

Post a Comment